A dental nurse in Shefford, Northamptonshire is in court charged with attempting to poison a dentist in the surgery with mercury amalgam material that she alledgedly dropped into a hot drink. The dentist with whom she was having an argument, went out of the room returning to take a sip of the hot drink. Thinking it tasted odd she says she then discovered a glob of something dark at the bottom of the vessel. She is maintaining it was mercury amalgam used to fill teeth but which is highly toxic. The dentist then began tremors,, shaking, stomach cramps and several more symptoms for which her GP sent her to hospital for X-rays and other investigations.
The nurse denies administering mercury amalgam into the dentist’s drink and the case is ongoing at this time.
If putting mercury amalgam into a drink is regarded as illegal and likely to cause harm then why is it not so regarded when placed into a human tooth? Why does the British Dental Association consider it safe when all the science of 150 years shows the reverse?
Later this year the use of mercury in commercial products and now, after strenuous anti amalgam protestations in global conferences, also in teeth fillings, is to be phased down and then out because it is a huge climate and environmental toxin.
The BDA and the ADA in America should stop its use in human beings at once.
If the dental nurse is found guilty, then perhaps we can take the BDA into court also for knowingly, and with ‘foreseeability’ inserting mercury, a known poison, into the human body whilst proclaiming what they do is totally and professionally trustworthy!